[Wine] Wine / Google Earth network issue

gariac wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 27 04:08:18 CDT 2009

Trying to install Google Earth under wine, I get to a point where the installer trying to contact Google for some download.
----------------
fixme:msxml:domdoc_createNode nodes with namespaces currently not supported.
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser returning no proxy used
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetDefaultProxyConfiguration 0xa5e670
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetProxyForUrl 0x1, L"http://tools.google.com/service/update2", 0xa5e540, 0xa5e558
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser returning no proxy used
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetDefaultProxyConfiguration 0xa5e670
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetProxyForUrl 0x1, L"https://tools.google.com/service/update2", 0xa5e540, 0xa5e558

Any ideas?

OS is Suse 11.1 on 64bit AMD quad core. Note I can run Google Earth natively rather than using Wine, but I have an application in wine that needs to interface to Google Earth. If there was some way it could connect to the Google Earth under Linux, that would solve my problem.

Incidentally, I tried to trick wine by copying all files and directories from a windows installation of Google Earth. It barfs a bit trying to create some files, but does eventually show part of the Google Earth program. Basically the "frame", but not the earth inside the frame. I used the winetricks to get all the fonts installed.

If there is a way to get the program running by copying a windows install, I'm game for that too.