[Wine] Trouble finding the program in the wine folder

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed May 27 22:14:12 CDT 2009

zxelman wrote:
> But isn't that a Linux system? I use a Mac OS X leopard.

What version of Leopard?  First, I recommend upgrading to 10.5.7.
Second, I recommend installing XQuartz 2.3.3.2 from the XQuartz
project.  Then I recommend getting and installing Wine for MacOSX as
Austin English recommended.  Version 1.1.20 is the latest that Mike has
provided, and my builds will not work on Tiger systems.  I do NOT
recommend downloading Mike's Winehelper application, yet.

Once you get the download, it is a Mac OS X standard 'drag-n-drop' from
the distribution file into the Applications folder.  The TRIX winetricks
front-end will help with the installation of several Microsoft packages,
such as the Corefonts font file distribution.

If you have further questions, please ask and one of us MacOSX users
will attempt to answer.

James McKenzie