[Wine] Re: Wine / Google Earth network issue

gariac wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 28 01:17:24 CDT 2009

I tried all sorts of winetricks. All the dotnets, plus wininet. Anyway, I used winetricks to install internet explorer, figuring it might be a good way to insure there were no firewall issues. I can reach the internet in wine through IE6. Then I figured it might works if I just installed google earth from the browser within wine. [Google earth detects your OS and supplies the proper file. I had to download google earth on a windows box then transfer to my linux box for my first attempt at installing google earth.]

As luck would have it, I couldn't download google earth from ie6 within wine due to a javascript error. Continuing with the bootstrapping, I downloaded firefox3 via internet explorer. [The winetricks bombed when attempting to install firefox3]. I got firefox3 going and managed to download google earth. Well, technically, google insists I download google updater.

I set up winecfg to run google updater. Wine generated this error message when trying to run google updater:
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
In addition, a wine window popped up entitled "Application error". The error message is:
The procedure WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId could not be located in the DLL KERNEL32.dll.

I did attempt to load all the active X control from winetricks. One of them comlained about not being able to connect to the desktop via DDE, but installed anyway.