[Wine] Re: Has anyone had any luck with the sims 3?

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 28 05:52:40 CDT 2009

A little unrelated to what is being handled by this "time of the thread", but I managed to get TS3 running on Wine, which I had never been able to with Sims 2.

Install went fine and everything works (I have compared with a windows install).

However, it seems to hit the same bug that C&C:RA3 has - it crashes after a while. I can see the corruption and save it before it crashes, so no big, big problem.

The programmers did a good job because they seem to be using a technique to save the game in a temporary file before overwriting the save game file, thus avoiding data corruption in case of a crash while saving the game.

Anyway, if we fix that random gfx crash, it's 100% working (and it's not slow at all)