[Wine] Constant Wine Crash

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Thu May 28 08:13:12 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:25 PM, zero <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> So I have a Radeon 4870 and wine 1.1.22.
> The only game I really play is Warcraft 3, and the constant crashing is
> getting annoying.
> While the game is running terminal spits out a million of these:
> fixme:imm:ImmGetOpenStatus (0x6ba120): semi-stub
> Then when it finally crashes terminal says:
> err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr
> 0x7d1e1dd4
> Ive reinstalled my drivers many times, and the same with wine yet i
> continue to get the same error.
>
> Any ideas? any help would be much appreciated.

I am by no means an expert, but many times when I see a question like this
OpenGL and 3D seems to be involved. Because of development history Nvidia
currently works better than ATI. At least that seems to be the gist of what
I've read to date. I would start there.

If this perception needs to be corrected, someone please feel free to do so.

Jim