[Wine] Constant Wine Crash

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Thu May 28 08:22:12 CDT 2009

>> So I have a Radeon 4870 and wine 1.1.22.
>> The only game I really play is Warcraft 3, and the constant crashing is
>> getting annoying.
>> While the game is running terminal spits out a million of these:
>> fixme:imm:ImmGetOpenStatus (0x6ba120): semi-stub
>> Then when it finally crashes terminal says:
>> err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr
>> 0x7d1e1dd4
>> Ive reinstalled my drivers many times, and the same with wine yet i
>> continue to get the same error.
>>
>> Any ideas? any help would be much appreciated.
>
>I am by no means an expert, but many times when I see a question like this
>OpenGL and 3D seems to be involved. Because of development history Nvidia
>currently works better than ATI. At least that seems to be the gist of what
>I've read to date. I would start there.
>
>If this perception needs to be corrected, someone please feel free to do so.
>
>Jim

I have no good ideas, just a question?
Does WOW use incoming / outgoing sound? Could it be the same alsa-based crash that impacts Dragon NaturallySpeaking?
Just a thought.
I crash almost exactly every 13 minutes. Sometimes I have to reboot even though I have completely closed out wineserver and have checked that no processes are running.