[Wine] Re: Script Help

mooseranger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 31 12:47:11 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> mooseranger wrote:
> > sed 's/"UseGLSL"="enabled"/"UseGLSL"="disabled"/' -i /home/david/.wine/user.reg
>
> Don't do this, you will corrupt Wine registry. Or this change will have no affect if wineserver is running.
>
> Add this setting for your app only. In winecfg, add your game exe (Add application) and select it in the list. Go to graphics tab, un-check pixel shader, hit apply, check it back, apply, exit.
>
> Start regedit, got to this key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\lotrbfme2.exe\Direct3D]  and add "UseGLSL"="disabled".

Hmm... I tried this and it didn't seem to work...

vitamin wrote:

> mooseranger wrote:
> > Does nvidia x server settings do something xrandr doesn't, or is there something else I am supposed to do?
>
> Does running xrandr manually from the terminal, waiting 5 sec and starting your game has the same problem as script?

Running xrandr from the terminal did not seem to have the same problem as the script; running it manually from the terminal worked fine...odd...

I tried making the script just sleep longer; that didn't help.  The script is called LOTRBFME2.sh and I ran it with 'sh LOTRBFME2.sh' - is there a different way I should run the script that would make it as if I manually ran it? (I'm new to this).

Thanks!