[Wine] Re: Naturally speaking under wine help needed

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 31 15:55:25 CDT 2009

If I understand correctly, you need something that can automatically copy the text from any wine app into the currently active Linux app, right?

Seems to be a tough task, here's my idea.

If you build an application using Winelib, you can get access to both native Linux code and native Windows code. This would be ideal for you to write an application that would do this.

The question here is the implementation. You need something that can detect what is being typed in the currently selected textbox, textarea, whatever, using Windows/Wine code (WinAPI). Then, you need to detect which application/window was last active (because the current active window is owned by a Windows App) and figure a way to detect where you were writing and paste it there.

One way to do this would be by opening this app at the moment of writing. Another one would be to have this application constantly running.

This really is a tough thing, if not in a certain way impossible. You'd need to get an experienced programmer here and I am by no means that experienced, though I would gladly like to help in any way I can.

Maybe there is a simpler way to do this (which may be tougher on you, I am not sure). You could have an app that requested a source window and a target window (consider a window everything - button, scrollbar, etc...) - you would select them (My problem here is how you would) and it would gladly redirect the text from one to the other, and that really isn't that hard, AFAIK at the most it will envolve running parallell threads.

Jorl17