[Wine] Moving Microsoft Office from XP to Wine

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 01:21:23 CST 2009

> Really? I didn't know that, thanks for the info. To be honest, I never noticed it too -- I've carried PDFs made in OO around with fonts that only I have and they worked just great (pixel per pixel I believe) in both my GNU/Linux and my Windows PDF readers.

PDF embeds fonts that are not one of the "standard" PDF fonts.
Sticking to the standard PDF fonts will help ensure compatibility (not
all systems will display the glyphs in exactly the same manner, yes I
am talking to you Lexmark) and will keep file sizes down (no need to
embed fonts).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com