[Wine] Re: Torchlight

dong wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 5 12:01:57 CST 2009

Stephen, thanks for your post.

I followed your advice running Torchlight inside a Wine-Desktop.

I think it worked. I could start the game and when I pressed my "show desktop" keybinding the image of the torchlight-menu did freeze. After waiting quite a long time I was back on my desktop. Bringing Torchlight back up on the desktop worked instantly and I could continue to play. I tried this again a second time directly after the first try and the image did freeze again but I waited for I guess something like 2 minutes without my desktop showing up. A switched to tty1 and killed the Torchlight.exe process.
So I guess it basically works, but I just have lowbird hardware getting too busy handling the torchlight and compiz rendering at once.

About your other advice: I don't really get what you mean. I don't like playing in window-mode. Kills the atmosphere of a game in my opinion. I know you can deactivate the window decoration so it just looks like fullscreen if the game runs in the same resolution as the desktop. But I tried this directly after installing torchlight and remember that sometimes the window was shifted so that you could see part of the game and part of the desktop. Was the window decoration removal thing with winecfg what you meant?

Anyway I will give the window-mode a try and remove the window decoration and see what I get.

I will report back about my experience.