[Wine] Re: help I want to install wine in obuntu

Lucem Auspicio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 7 00:34:32 CST 2009

Dear Davince

Finally I was able to run bioedit, however I have not the same luck with mega 4, the webside said this:

. You must have root or "super user" access privileges in order to install MEGA for Linux
2. A WINE compatible X11 display is required
3. MEGA 4 LE is currently developed and tested for use on the RedHat based system only
4. The Help manual for MEGA 4 LE is not available temporally; you can download the MEGA PDF manual or use the MEGA online manual
5. By downloading MEGA 4 LE, you are agreeing not to redistribute the MEGA 4 LE software and associated materials partially or fully in any form.

MEGA 4 has been tested succesfully on the following versions of Linux: Red Hat (Kernel 2.6.20 and 2.6.23) and Ubuntu 7.1. In these operating system versions, you may use the following Wine releases (0.9.39, 0.9.46, 0.9.55, 0.9.56).
MEGA 4 RPM package can be installed directly on Red Hat versions mentioned above. In order to install MEGA 4 on Ubuntu, you need to follow two steps.
1. alien –k package.rpm (you will get a file called package.deb after this command)
2. dpkg –i package.deb

Installation Instruction

    The installation of MEGA 4 LE depends on the X kernel that you use. Most of the time, the installation will start automatically after clicking the Submit and Download button on this page. Generally, the download window will open with two options:

Option 1: Open with Software Installer
    By choosing this option, the package manager will guide you through the installation.
    1. You will be asked to enter your root password
    2. The Installing Packages window will be open: click the Apply button to start the installation
    3. The installer will check the MEGA dependencies. If the Dependencies Added window opens, then ck Continue or Install Anyway to install the necessary dependencies.

I was traying to find mega in wine but I can not find it, I try with alien and I believe I installed using the terminal and  typing sudo apt-get install alien dpkg-dev debhelper build-essential

then I download mega which is an rpm file but I was stock here,

if you have any idea I would appreciated very much... thank you[/b]