[Wine] Embedding Wine into native MacOS and Linux application...

CartBlanche wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 7 08:28:44 CST 2009

Hi all,
  A few years ago Borland embedded Wine into their Kylix IDE so as to speed up development of a Delphi IDE on Linux. I am porting 2 applications over to MacOS X and Linux from Win32.

1. The first application, a game engine, makes extensive use of DirectX 3D, I don't want to force them to buy CrossOver, is there some way for the DirectX calls to be translated into OpenGL calls?

2. The second application makes use of a proprietary DLL that we have licensed and we know it works in CrossOver, but we would like re-write the front end to make it native ( for later ports ) but still be able to call the DLL functions. Again we don't want to force users of our applications to buy CrossOver, so need a solution which will allow us to leverage the aforementioned DLL on MacOS X and Linux.

Is there some way to embed Wine into the above applications, either through linking or via some kind of Shared Object?

Thanks in advance.