[Wine] Yahoo's Instant messenger...???

A. Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 11:49:22 CST 2009

Larry,

I agree with tparker that applications like Pidgin, Kopete, Empathy are
usually preferred on Linux if you don't mind learning them.

If you really prefer the Yahoo messenger, some older versions were rated
"Silver" with wine, specifically the 8.x versions, but the page says it's
outdated.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=5733

But for older versions, see
http://www.oldversion.com/Yahoo-Messenger.html(scroll down) and you
can from version 8.x back to version 3!.  Good luck.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com