[Wine] Sudden problems running Photoshop CS4

vityav wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 8 19:46:49 CST 2009

Hello all,
So about a week ago I had photoshop CS4 up and running perfectly under 64 bit Fedora core 11 until I deleted my .wine folder. Photoshop is in a bottle (.wine_photoshop) so I assumed it wouldn't be affected, but it suddenly stopped working (in retrospect I don't think I bottled it correctly). I got an error message which I'll put at the end of this, since I'm now getting it again. I've attempted to start over from scratch, completely deleted everything wine related and compiled/installed 1.1.17. After fiddling around with winetricks and ie6, I got the program to install under its own bottle, basically following these instructions:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=14318&iTestingId=39845

Now the part I'm stuck on. When it stopped working I had just installed 1.1.32 to try to start over after I deleted the .wine folder. This failed to run. Since then I've tried completely clean wine installs using 1.1.17 and upgrading to 1.1.28, 29, and 32 again, and all have ended up with the same error:

Code:
err:module:import_dll Library GLU32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\aif_ogl.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library aif_ogl.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop CS4\\Photoshop.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library image_runtime.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop CS4\\image_flow.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library image_flow.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop CS4\\Photoshop.exe") not found

This is repeated a few times but eventually ends in

Code:
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop CS4\\Photoshop.exe" failed, status c0000135

All of those dll files appear in the main photoshop folder, and the glu32.dll is also in /usr/lib/wine and /usr/lib64/wine. I've even tried copying all of these dlls into wines windows/system and windows/system32 directories but that error message never goes away.

I'm not sure what I had in my .wine folder that made this work previously, or how I installed it last time (it was 4 hours of randomly trying everything and it eventually worked). Any help or insight any of you can offer is greatly appreciated.[/code]