[Wine] database program only opens for a moment

spedgenius wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 8 23:16:42 CST 2009

I installed "optimum control" which is a restaurant cost control program.  it uses the native mdac for the odbc connection and i am pretty sure it uses the .net framework. the thing is I can get through the login screen, and the odbc connections opened properly.  But after that the main window loads for a second and then closes.  I dont get any error message, I have run dependency walker and have fulfilled all external dependencies. the program has a log file that produces no error messages.  It just seems to exit for no reason.  I am using the latest version of wine on ubuntu 9.10.
the only feedback i get is if i run in the terminal

nathan at ubuntu:~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Tracrite$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/nathan/.wine" wine "C:\Tracrite\ocontrol.exe" /ocdemo
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl SIO_GET_EXTENSION_FUNCTION_POINTER {b5367df2-cbac-11cf-95ca-00805f48a192}: stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl SIO_GET_EXTENSION_FUNCTION_POINTER {b5367df1-cbac-11cf-95ca-00805f48a192}: stub
nathan at ubuntu:~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Tracrite$