[Wine] Guildwars, Wine 1.1.31, "Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat"

izzmit wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 9 08:18:43 CST 2009

Hello
Im pretty new to this Wine thing, and this Guildwars thing is really confusing me. I am able to run the 3d effects on compiz, a "glxinfo |grep direct" returns:  direct rendering: Yes
GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_EXT_direct_state_access,

so I think my 3d is working. I have a gtx275 card, the 190.42 drivers installed, and I picked the "install 32 bit libraries" as it was installing. Looking at some older posts seem to point to those 32 libs missing, but Im not sure how to see if i have them or not.  Here is my error:

Code:

jake at jake-desktop:~$ wine "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe"
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D8 is not available without opengl
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D8 is not available without opengl
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_LoadKeyboardLayout L"00000409", 0000: stub!
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_MapVirtualKeyEx keyboard layout (nil) is not supported

I am on Ubuntu 9.1, 64bit.
i7 920 processor
Nvidia gtx275
6gb ram[/code]