[Wine] Re: Torchlight

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 9 17:52:22 CST 2009

alexanbj wrote:
> it runs fine for me visually. Need to use D3d as with OpenGL the game won't even start. What annoys the heck out of me though is stuttering sound. Using Ubuntu 9.10 and Wine 1.1.32. Anyone know what to do?

Before everybody starts telling you to remove Pulseaudio I'll advise you to google a bit about it: "Pulseaudio" and "Ubuntu Pulseaudio" should help you understand what Pulse is all about. In the meantime, you can try to fix your Pulseaudio configuration, to remove things such as stuttering sound, using: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578

I always follow that guide. Make sure that you only have ALSA selected in winecfg and don't forget to really google about Pulseaudio. I personally have never had to remove it in any of my 5 installs over here, but I always do everything I need from the guide I pointed you to. If that fails, then proceed with Pulseaudio's removal, that's not my "area of expertise".

Cheers,

Jorl17