[Wine] Re: Wine program resource usage question

cnbiz850 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 9 19:03:15 CST 2009

Thanks for the response.

First of all, I need to say that the Windows program doesn't have this high resource usage phenomenon under Windows.  It just happens under Wine.

> If that doesn't help, try the 'top' utility:
> - What does it show?
> - In particular, which processes are active during the change of focus?
> - What does it say about swap space usage?

"top" shows that this particular program (called special.exe) taking a lot of CPU and memory during change of focus as I mentioned originally.  It doesn't use much swap space as my 4GB RAM is not depleted.

I will try to use sysstat, but I am not to sure what to look for.

I suspect more that it has to do with Wine's handling of GUI and graphics.  Anyone please advise some specifics about it.

Many thanks.