[Wine] Re: New WoW Launcher.exe changes directory permissions

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 11 17:49:17 CST 2009

emn8w8  acl the directory.  I think is the simplest.  I don't think they are smart enough to nuke that. acl(access control lists) group permissions also look left alone.

Wine does have the right to be messing with permissions.  Now windows permissions need to be compared to what wine is spitting out it might be a wine bug.

Some applications do stunts like that to stop them from being run mult times.  But that is still pointing to a bug because the application not releasing when existing.

So try newer wine just in case it some form of bug with 1.1.13 that is fixed.