[Wine] Everquest II

diekan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 11 19:05:21 CST 2009

I got Ubuntu installed fine (9.10 release).  Loaded Wine 1.2 and geko 1.2.

I can start Everquest II by two ways.  1.  I can browse the Everquest.exe file on the windows partition, right click, choose "open with wine" and off it goes.  OR I copied the entire eq directory from the windows partition to the program files of .wine directory.

The games loads fine, I can actually start playing it - but about 15 seconds into it - it crashes saying "wine has experienced an error" or something that effect.

Any ideas?