[Wine] Re: upgrade wine

Alex wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 14 05:46:40 CST 2009

I didn't understand you wanted to do a system wide installation.

In my case, I compiled 1.1.32 from source and yesterday (some hours ago in fact), I wanted to try the latest release.

"git pull" made my local source up to date and I compiled it but I didn't install (because I didn't want to conflict with my .deb package)

So now, I'm waiting for the 1.1.33 .deb package which will properly install the latest wine.

Opening the Makefile gives me:

Code:
# This Makefile understands the following targets:
#
# all (default):   build wine
# clean:           remove all intermediate files
# distclean:       also remove all files created by configure
# test:            run tests
# testclean:       clean test results to force running all tests again
# crosstest:       build tests as native windows applications (requires MinGW)
# install-lib:     install libraries needed to run applications
# install-dev:     install development environment
# install:         install everything
# uninstall:       uninstall everything
# depend:          create the dependencies
# ctags:           create a tags file for vim and others.
# etags:           create a TAGS file for Emacs.
# manpages:        compile manpages for Wine API
# htmlpages:       compile html pages for Wine API
# sgmlpages:       compile sgml source for the Wine API Guide
# xmlpages:        compile xml source for the Wine API Guide

so if you need to widely install wine, you should do "make uninstall" before.