[Wine] Re: Filmon HDI Player

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 14 15:59:43 CST 2009

I downloaded the player, and while it's buggy, it does work for me in 1.1.33 without any connection problems.

One thing I have noticed (the really buggy part) is that the app does not exit cleanly--it leaves processes running that have to be killed manually. If you don't, it won't start up properly the next time. So before we try anything else, open a terminal and type

Code:
wineserver -killall

After that, restart the app and see if it works.

If that doesn't fix it, my next suggestion would be to reinstall it in 1.1.33 to a clean wineprefix (no other apps installed, no overrides or other tweaks). The version of Wine you originally installed it under was probably 1.0.1, which is very old, and it could be that parts of the app weren't installed properly.