[Wine] Jackd gives strange output while trying to test Jack

ListenToMyMusic wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 15 13:48:32 CST 2009

Running on:
Gentoo linux-2.6.30-gentoo-r4
gcc x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.4
wine 1.1.33
jack-audio-connection-kit 0.116.2

jackd gives the following output after testing jack in winecfg

Code:

jackd 0.116.2
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
JACK protocol mismatch (16 vs 24)
cannot complete client connection process
JACK protocol mismatch (16 vs 24)
cannot complete client connection process

Jack protocol mismatch (16 vs 24) seems to be the main problem.

I've uninstalled and recompiled jack and this still occurs. I've done a revdep-rebuild --library=libjack.so.0 and recompiled wine.

What else can be done?