[Wine] Re: Correct usage of winebrowser to launch files

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 15 22:32:27 CST 2009

Dominus wrote:
> Why such a harsh reply?

It's not. I'm giving you a possible solution to your problem.

Dominus wrote:
> I do admit, that it was most likely considered rude that I posted here after replying on the bug tracker, but I wasn't sure whether I should really press the issue in a rejected bug report.

Not at all. Bugzilla and forum have 2 separate goals:

- Bugzilla keeps track of Wine bugs and collects as much information as necessary to fix them. No more no less.
- Forum helps people get their programs running no matter how. Even if some times it means using hacks, native dlls, etc.

You report bugs to bugzilla and let developers fix them. You use forum to get your program(s) working and find a workarounds for those bugs.