[Wine] WInelib download

Alexei Strakhov astrakh at rambler.ru
Mon Nov 16 19:38:31 CST 2009

Dear Dan Kegel,

while trying to find a way to use windows DLL from inside Linux application I've found this link:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2008-April/033257.html:

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:03 PM, batt21 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  i'm trying to download winelib package, where can i find it?

Just use Wine, forget about Winelib.

What are you trying to do?So, as I read here:

http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Advanced_Wine_User_Information#Using_a_Windows_Dll_for_Linux

  A Programmer queried [May 07]: I have a third party library which is a Windows DLL. Is it possible to use Wine to call its functions under Linux?

  D. Jovanovic: You can't link a Linux applicaton to a Windows DLL. The project which would allow you to do that is called the wine plugin API [1], but it isn't written yet. What you can do at the moment is write a winelib application, that is, a Windows application compiled with winegcc which can use both Windows and Linux APIs. [Wine devel May 07]

winelib is what I need. I could of cause use some manually written asm adapters - I think I could :-) - to call wine dlls from Linux apps but it would be more tempting to have some more advanced tools.

So, I would be glad to get advice from you.
Thank you,
Alexei Strakhov