[Wine] Putting the c drive on an external drive

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Nov 17 16:14:29 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 11:12 -0600, douglas wrote:
> > No, its not wrong. It obviously works BUT it will only work in that
> > login on that computer. Also, you'll have to remember that its there and
> > override it for for other WINE environments.
>

> Sorry Martin I should have been more clear. It works when I use wine
> from the terminal. What I am trying to achieve though is the same
> results but when using the point and click stuff. And this is when it
> is not working. When I select wine configuration from the menu it adds
> the wine folder to the internal drive instead of the external one.

Using a snmall script ads I suggested works for both execution from a
command line and from a launcher by clicking the icon. Write and test
the script from the command line after putting it in ~/bin and extending
$PATH to look there. When its working, create a launcher which runs the
script. Job done. I regularly run three programs under WINE and all are
launched this way.

Martin