[Wine] Putting the c drive on an external drive

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Nov 17 22:06:51 CST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 00:13, douglas <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> on mount it says
> Code:
> /dev/sdb1 on /media/External type [b]fuseblk[/b] (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions,blksize=4096)

That is the filesystem yes...

FUSE is a filesystem in userspace driver, which is, amongst others
used by NTFS-3G...

Quickly Google iFuse, looks quite interesting... I'm not sure whether
it supports whatever Wine requires.

If disk space is your main concern, you can put separate directories
on the external drive and use symlinks to them. (See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link#POSIX_and_Unix-like_operating_systems
) (IIRC data files have less issues with non-*nix filesystems)

Gert