[Wine] Re: Age of Conano AOC still not drawing anything

winecom wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 18 01:57:00 CST 2009

The updater shows updated and ready but the 'play' button didn't work, it activates when the mouse is above it not over it, and when clicked, all buttons disappear, the conan process works hard but doesn't do anything.

So I used the updater bypass here, editing the LocalConfig.xml file to remove the line with HttpPatchFolder.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=12101

Now running wine AgeOfConan.exe gets to the login screen.  But.  On this screen, editing the graphics settings locks up the launcher.  So.  I restored the localconfig and set the screen resolution and sound there, then removed the httppatchfolder again, and now it's at the right resolution.

So far so good.