[Wine] wine dsound and ALSA snd-dummy

brezerk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 18 07:14:59 CST 2009

Hi to All!

Sorry for my bad English.

I have broken integrated sound card, so I decide to use Alsa snd-dummy driver to have working linux native programs\games which strictly require sound card to be present.

All is Ok, except wine.

In winecfg I set to use Alsa driver:

Code:

Wave Out Devices
 - Dummy PCM
Wave In Devices
 - Dummy PCM
Mixer Devices
 - Dummy

It seems Ok. I try to run SH3 win32 game (which is work fine when integrated sound card works fine) and receive following errors:

> err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
> err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
> ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
> fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x6f35fa0,0x6f35ea0): stub
> wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xffffffff at address 0x7dafd0ad (thread 0019), starting debugger...

If run with +dsalsa +dsound

Code:
trace:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_GetPosition hw_pptr=0x00000000, hw_wptr=0x00000000 playpos=0, writepos=0
trace:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_Lock 20480 bytes from 0
trace:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_Lock Hit mmap_pos, locking data!

Other games which require sound cards crashes with this error:

Code:
Backtrace:
=>0 0x7e57c0ad DSOUND_RecalcVolPan+0xbd() in dsound (0x001ff8a8)

It seems wine not correctly works with dummy sound card.
How I can fix this? ;)