[Wine] Problem running wine (memory above 0x80...)

rhoads wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 18 11:56:34 CST 2009

Hi everyone!

I say it clearly to the beginning. I am new to Ubuntu and Wine and I'm not a computer expert. I have never been in good terms with computers. So treat me as a newbie. (and English isn't my 1st language) Thanks!

Okay to the point:
I've tried to run some games with wine, but they've done nothing. So, I tried to run them in terminal, but any command I write starting with wine, gives this:

> "memory above 0x80000000 doesn't seem to be accessible.
> Wine requires a 3G/1G user/kernel memory split to work properly.
> Killed"

Well, I found _this link (http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/General_Wine_Troubleshooting#Fails_to_find...cant_access)_ but I'm afraid it doesn't make any sense to me.

I am very pleased, if you can help me.