[Wine] Blizzard and dxdiag

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 09:38:15 CST 2009

Blizzard is trying to "help" me diagnose a login problem that I am having
with the Launcher. I'm certain that this can be laid on their doorstep, but
I have no way to "prove" it. One of the things they want is this:

For Windows XP/2000:

Important Note: Please reboot your system prior to creating the dxdiag and
msinfo files.

1. Click on Start.
2. Click on Run.
3. Type in DXDIAG and press Enter or click OK, this will open the DirectX
diagnostic tool. Run the DirectDraw, Direct3D and DirectSound tests found
under the Display and Sound tabs before creating the dxdiag.txt file.
4. Click on the Save All Information Button (save this file to your windows
desktop and name it dxdiag).
5. Click on the More Help tab and open the Microsoft system information tool
(MSInfo).
6. Click on File and choose Export (save this file to your windows desktop
as a text file and name it MSInfo). Please make sure to save this file as a
.txt file and NOT as a .nfo file.

Is this even remotely possible with Wine? Especially since I'm running
OpenGL, Alsa, etc.? Latest Wine version as well.

Jim