[Wine] Wine relationship with Chrome OS

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Fri Nov 20 04:30:23 CST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 19:29 -0600, DaVince wrote:
> Martin Gregorie: I know the whole "locked down" idea, but the version
> I downloaded is in beta already, probably meaning this is the format
> they'll stick with. Unless http://getchrome.eu/download.php is
> actually a fake.

I think it might well be a fake. According to a whois lookup for
getchrome.eu:

Registrant:
	NOT DISCLOSED!
	Visit www.eurid.eu for webbased whois.

Registrar Technical Contacts:
	Name:	Klaba Octave
	Organisation:	OVH
	Language:	fr
	Phone:	+33.899701761
	Fax:	+33.320200958
	Email:	support at ovh.com

Registrar:
	Name:	 OVH
	Website: www.ovh.com/

All the google domains I checked, google.com, google.eu, google.co.uk,
and chromium.org, which is referenced from The Register's article and
contains the design papers, are registered through MarkMonitor Inc, and
all say the registrant is Google so I smell a rat: if getchrome.eu was
legit surely it to would be registered through MarkMonitor Inc. and the
registrant would be named.

Martin