[Wine] Re: Explain to me how I do not need root?

Skaught wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 20 15:51:46 CST 2009

Wow hundreds of words.

- I think I was called a name in there?  wtf?  I was asking the right way to do it not asking for an insult.  Maybe it was not intended that way, I'll blame Asbergers.

- seems no one can agree on anything anyway

- at no point did I get any indication on what in wine I need to click on to make this program run.

- The computer has only one purpose in life, to run ping plotter.  It is a vanilla load of Ubuntu and has ping plotter on it.  I do not care that much about security as there is nothing stored on the machine needing protection.  I will block everything but NX to it and it will only be accessible from my workstation on a strong password.  So being zombied is not really a danger.  There are no users on it other than me.

Does a clear solution exist and if so what is it?