[Wine] Re: Explain to me how I do not need root?

Skaught wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 20 15:59:43 CST 2009

BTW I am not a wine developer, I am a user.  I am also not a programmer.

I am very technical but have different specialties.  They do not include Linux.

I am monitoring wide area microwave networks and finding the windows IP stack unable to handle several sessions of Ping plotter at the same time.  Since I use Ubuntu on my desktop for web/email/openoffice jut fine I was hoping I could take advantage of the power of Linux to solve this problem.

Ping plotter is a secondary tool as we have another system that also does this monitoring.  But having two monitoring systems has great value for many reasons.