[Wine] Re: Explain to me how I do not need root?

lahmbi5678 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 21 07:05:00 CST 2009

Skaught, could you please explain exactly, why you need to run multiple instances of that pingplotter at the same time?

There will probably be some fundamental problem (oiaohm explained it already, though a little bit complicated), as that application uses ping, tracereoute, etc. If you start multiple instances of pinplotter, and these instances start multiple pings/tracereoutes at the same, then the different ping instances would try listen at the same port for incoming packets, that won't work, linux/windows won't allow it. This is not a linux/wndows bug, you'd need some ping/traceroute with configurable ports (for incoming packets), and pingplotter would have take care of that ports.