[Wine] Run-time error 8020

JRoque wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 21 21:40:40 CST 2009

Hello,

First time here but a long time fan.

I have a VB6 application that uses COM port calls. Most of it seems to run fine except that I get a pop up with:

Code:
Run-time error 8020

and the app dies after I hit OK. Wine's log output says:

Code:
fixme:comm:GetCommProperties (0x6c 0x32f56c )

I narrowed it down to a MSComm1.Input statement. As soon as it hits that, it dies. I've tried playing with the input parms and reducing the input buffers from the current 1024 to 64 and even to 1 as a test but it still fails. The app opens the COM port successfully (or so it says)

I've copied all of the native DLL, etc to the app directory and have also tried a VB6 runtime package I found posted somewhere. Neither has fixed the COM error issue.

I'm running Wine 1.0.1 installed from the Ubuntu 9.10 packages (not built from source).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
JR