[Wine] Re: ER-Win 3.5.2 worked fine with old version of Wine

edilmar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 24 15:35:58 CST 2009

Hi friend,

I uninstalled wine 64-bits, and installed only 32-bits version. Now, the packages installed are:

Code:

wine-capi-1.1.32-1.fc12.i686
wine-twain-1.1.32-1.fc12.i686
wine-desktop-1.1.32-1.fc12.noarch
wine-core-1.1.32-1.fc12.i686
wine-ldap-1.1.32-1.fc12.i686
wine-cms-1.1.32-1.fc12.i686
wine-pulseaudio-1.1.32-1.fc12.i686
wine-1.1.32-1.fc12.i686
wine-common-1.1.32-1.fc12.noarch
wine-fonts-1.1.32-1.fc12.noarch

But, when I try to run ER-WIN, this is the new error:

Code:

[edilmar at edilmar /]$ wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Arquivos\ de\ programas/ERWin3.5.2/MMOPN32.EXE
wine: could not exec wineserver

I verified if wine is running, and all fine:

Code:

[root at edilmar init.d]# service wine start
Registrando tratador de formato binário para aplicações Win[  OK  ]
[root at edilmar init.d]# service wine status
Tratadores de formato binário do Wine registrados.

The strange thing is that when I run 'ps ax' I didn't find a process like 'wine' running. Is there another name for this process? Or does wine run on demand (something like xinetd services)? Or is there some log file to look for wine correct starting?

Thanks for any helps,