[Wine] Running Windows accounting software on Ubuntu/Linux

acidb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 24 23:12:52 CST 2009

Good day all,

I would like to convert from Windows to Ubuntu/Linux.

I am currently a student in accounting and busy with my articles. At office we are running Pastel, Quickbooks, Caseware and any other related accounting software.

I have been researching Ubuntu and found out that I need to install Wine. But nobody knows the accounting software, thus they don't really know if Wine would be able to run these software.

Would anybody be able to confirm if Wine - installed on an Ubuntu machine - could run these accounting software that was made to run on a Windows machine?

I thank you in advance for any advice.

Kind regards,
acidb