[Wine] Re: Torchlight

Yama wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 25 03:30:59 CST 2009

I had originally had much of the same lag and various problems as other users, but after completely wiping my .wine directory and removing and reinstalling the wine and winetricks debs, I managed to get TL running on my box.

I used winetricks to grab Directx9 and vc2008, and the game runs wonderfully, probably better than my brothers newer laptop using Vista.

Even with all graphics options on maximum (except AA and HW skinning which I leave off) I'm still running 40fps average *woot*

Now however, the game will randomly freeze (sometimes on level change or portaling) and won't let me do anything, even alt+tab or drop to wine desktop. I have to drop to tty1 and kill wine, or sometimes hard reboot. This perplexes me, and as a new wine user, I am unaware of where to look for wine logs (I guess I could use debug mode until it crashes to get a mem dump?) Laptop is *not* overheated, either.

My box
________________________

I am using Ubuntu 9.04, some of my sources are 8.10 sources so I can use proprietary drivers for my legacy radeon, as the Xorg drivers REALLY don't like my X700 mobility

Turion x64 (original single-core) 2.4
Ati Radeon mobility x700 with proprietary drivers.
Wine  1.1.33 and gecko 1.0
2 gigs DDR crucial (No problems with them)
Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA with ALSA drivers (sound works fine in wine)

All packages are *always* kept up to date, and Wine directory is clean.
I am running Torchlight in Direct3d mode. TL is bought and downloaded from GamersGate.

Here is a dump of the OGRE log at or shortly before the moment of crash, I can usually play for 20 to 60 minutes before crash.

---------------------
3:10:07: *-*-* OGRE Initialising

23:10:07: *-*-* Version 1.6.4 (Shoggoth)

23:10:07: Path for saving is ... C:/users/yama/Application Data/Runic Games/Torchlight/SAVE

23:10:07: Setting YRatio Init - 1.04167

23:10:19: CreateViewports AspectRatio message - 1280 x 800

23:10:19: CreateViewports AspectRatio message AR - 1.6

23:10:19: GAMEUI AspectRatio message - 1280 x 800

23:10:19: GAMEUI AspectRatio message AR - 1.6

23:10:28: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource MEDIA/WARDROBE/VANQUISHER/vanquisher_leather.skeleton in resource group ZIP or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 799)

23:10:28: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource MEDIA/WARDROBE/VANQUISHER/vanquisher_leather.skeleton in resource group ZIP or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 799)

23:10:29: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource MEDIA/WARDROBE/VANQUISHER/vanquisher_leather.skeleton in resource group ZIP or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 799)

23:10:29: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource MEDIA/WARDROBE/VANQUISHER/vanquisher_leather.skeleton in resource group ZIP or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 799)

23:10:29: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource MEDIA/WARDROBE/VANQUISHER/vanquisher_leather.skeleton in resource group ZIP or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 799)

23:10:35: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource MEDIA/WARDROBE/VANQUISHER/vanquisher_leather.skeleton in resource group ZIP or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 799)

[...]

23:10:49: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource MEDIA/WARDROBE/VANQUISHER/vanquisher_leather.skeleton in resource group ZIP or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 799)

23:10:49: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource MEDIA/WARDROBE/VANQUISHER/vanquisher_leather.skeleton in resource group ZIP or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 799)

23:10:50: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource MEDIA/WARDROBE/VANQUISHER/vanquisher_leather.skeleton in resource group ZIP or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 799)