[Wine] Re: Enable central installation with a global system.reg file

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 25 08:56:27 CST 2009

maslec00 wrote:
> I was thinking that I could write a wrapper script that users would use to start a "central wine".  With the use of wineprefix an independent .centralwine directory would be created in the users home directory.

This will be more-less equivalent to guest profile on Windows - where none of the user's settings will be preserved. If your users fine with it then it's an option.

Sharing C: drive is fine, as long as you either keep it 100% R/O (which can potentially break lots of programs) or separate out areas (like user profile - "C:\users") where users can save files and symlink them somewhere into users' home dir.