[Wine] winecfg

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 19:59:41 CST 2009

When I select say ALSA in the audio tab, what exactly get's changed?

I ask cause I've recently gotten the winepulse patch which helps with
crackling inn wow, but doesn't allow my mic to work in vent, so if i start
wow with Pulse selected, unselect, select alsa, click apply and start vent,
everything is right with the world (no cracking in vent ever so no idea).
 Anyways, i use the sed command to change the user.reg file from
"Audio"="alsa" to "Audio"="pulse" or vice versa depending on program, and
put this in a .sh file.  But it just uses whatever the last program that is
still running uses.  ie if I start wow first, vent uses pulse, if i start
wow first vent ues the alsa plugin.  However, if I use winecfg to change
this setting it works fine, wow uses pulse and vent uses the alsa plugin.

So trying to determine what other setting is changed, so i can do this with
a script.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell