[Wine] Wine System Tray icon

calpe wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 26 04:05:36 CST 2009

Hi,
I have been running Mailwasher Pro under Wine in Ubuntu Jaunty for quite some time and all has been running well. I am also using Thunderbird as my email client.

For the last two days however, every time I press the "Process" button in Mailwasher, my email client starts and emails download as normal, however a "Wine System Tray" icon appears on the desktop with the Mailwasher icon on that tray.  In the past, the Mailwasher icon would appear in the upper desktop panel.  I have checked all the settings in Mailwasher and they are all the same as when installed.  I have removed Mailwasher and re-installed it but no change in this odd behaviour.

The only way to remove the "Wine System Tray" is to right click on the Mailwasher icon and select "Exit" from the drop down menu.

Any thoughts anyone on why this strange behaviour?

Thanks in advance