[Wine] c drive config

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 26 07:59:16 CST 2009

darky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have wine on ubuntu. and in wine C: is configured by default to use ../drive_c. However, I have my mounted vista here: /mnt/vista. In winecfg I cannot change the C: configuration to mine. And I have some apps intalled in win that I'd like to run directly without reinstalling on Win, just cause they are already configured. (KeePass application with passwords, sometimes I still use Win)

Say bye-bye to the ability to boot into Vista.

However, you CAN mount c:\Program Files as a separate drive under Wine
and then you can use programs, like Keepass from that directory.
However, if you want to use programs like Office, you will have to do a
separate installation in Wine.  You WILL have to configure those
programs under Wine as well.

James McKenzie