[Wine] Re: How to achieve Japanese localization on Mac OSX?

Marvin_Arnold wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 27 06:09:29 CST 2009

Actually, I want to test a japanese windows program inside wine. Text rendering inside the program is OK (I seem to have the necessary fonts), but during installation i see only ASCII gibberish. Same with the program's menu and system messages. So troubleshooting on the Windows side is impossible.

I don't want to change my OSX localization, only the Windows (inside wine) localization. (It's wine in Win98 mode, btw) Maybe there's something fundamental about it I just don't see...

Thanks,

M:A: