[Wine] Re: Resources for Windows developers to support Wine as a platfo

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 27 13:31:18 CST 2009

As mentioned, only see it as an option if making the application itself cross-platform takes too much effort.

About "resources", there aren't really any. I guess there are the release logs, showing what's new or fixed in each release. Those might be helpful for the developer to find out if everything his app uses is supported.

Something else you should do: keep testing the app in Wine and see what output appears on the terminal, then either find workarounds around the things that don't work or aren't implemented in Wine yet. Make sure it still runs correctly in Windows too, of course.

Finally (from me at least), be sure to include information with the application on what version of Wine it works. A regression in a newer Wine or a lack of features in an older Wine could make the app or (one of) its features not work correctly.