[Wine] Sluggish apps loading in 1.1.33

stpa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 28 01:03:13 CST 2009

After upgrading to 1.1.33, all win applications take ages to load. I really mean it, as it may takes 4, 5 or more minutes to load even very simple applications. With 1.1.32 most applications take at most 30 seconds or so to load.

It may be unrelated, but in both 1.1.32 and 1.1.33 I got this error message when loading win applications:
"err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out".

Running it all in Mandriva 2010.0, and KDE 4.3.2.

Any ideas on what is going on and how to fix it? Or, is it a bug that needs to be reported?