[Wine] New wine(wine-1.1.34) late again?

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 13:34:20 CST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM, James Huk <huk256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 6:11 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > James Huk wrote:
> >> what's the delay?
> >
> > What, you didn't know that whole US has a 1/2 week off? And since CV is
> US company AJ has the same 1/2 week off too.
>
> Actually I didn't :) - that explains it - still for those of us not
> living in the US, it would be nice to post simple message like
> "Wine-1.1.34 won't be out until next week due to xyz" on
> www.winehq.com
>
> Best regards.

No offense to anyone, but I thought each release was due when it was ready.
Even babies aren't born on a fixed schedule (preplanned C-section aside).
Personally I prefer that things not be rushed just to meet a deadline.
Usually less breakage that way. Sooo, I for one am in no hurry.

Grats to the devs,
Jim