[Wine] SOLVED??? was Re: Wine has lost sound on Kubuntu 9.10

Lisi lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 15:31:42 CST 2009

On Saturday 28 November 2009 20:22:02 Lisi wrote:
> On Saturday 28 November 2009 19:53:49 vitamin wrote:
> > Lisi wrote:
> > > Help!  What should I look at?  It was working well - and suddenly it
> > > isn't.
> >
> > Get rid of pulseaudio - it's a known problem with it when sound just
> > suddenly stops. See sticky post about it.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm running phonon with ALSA, not
> pulseaudio. I was warned re other applications that introducing pulseaudio
> might cause problems.  (I believe that Ubuntu uses pulseaudio, but Kubuntu
> doesn't and one of the first things I checked was that pulseaudio was still
> not running.)
>
> I also reran winecfg, having renamed .wine.

Sound has reappeared as suddenly as it disappeared....  The only potential
explanation that I can think of is that Amarok was running in the background
and possible hogging the sound card, and I shut it down properly.

The flaw in that explanation is that I think that the sound disappeared before
I started Amarok, but I may be mistaken in that - because it would leave me
without any explanation.

Lisi