[Wine] Re: How to achieve Japanese localization on Mac OSX?

Marvin_Arnold wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 29 07:19:13 CST 2009

Wow! That's a lot of activity I've caused. Hope you are onto something...

Perhaps I should clarify what I tried to do:

- My MacBookPro is set to German
- Take a Program written for Japanese Windows
- run the installer with wine: I get all sorts of gibberish
- by try and error, install program
- run program: in-program text rendering is japanese, program messages (like what I suppose means "Would you really like to quit? Yes/No") are ASCII gibberish

When I try to set the language variable preceding "wine program.exe" as described in this thread, I get:

Code:
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x0000000c in 32-bit code (0x00414710).

(I've read somewhere that some programs won't even install on non-Japanese systems, which can be fixed in XP by localizing it from System Preferences)

It seems that the method in the link I posted solves that problem, but it is written for Ubuntu, and I don't know enough about Linux to emulate these things on OSX. File structure is different, as are many shell commands...[/code]