[Wine] Re: New wine(wine-1.1.34) late again?

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 29 07:19:22 CST 2009

WWN is now World Wine News it use to be Weekly Wine News.  Due to lack of authors it was not hitting the weekly release so it was renamed.  k4king only old hands know the old name of the news as well.

We are badly short of doc writers and news writers.

Maybe while a only release when something worthy and ready to release is a better development philosophy maybe a regular release pattern is easier for others, say testers.

Been tried.  Don't work it the amount of changes done in a 2 week cycle.  I remember when it was 1 or 2 releases a year.  Ie when something was classed as worthy change.  The regressions between versions was insane.

Stable releases only happen when a set key of criteria happen.  Ie something worthy and ready of release is the stable line.  You can see how often releases for that happens.  We go years between releases when doing criteria.

AJ is doing 2/3 weeks release cycle any more the hidden bugs stack up too bad.  Patching rate has to slow for time frame to expand.

AJ does not have a fixed day for a release.  This is deliberate.   If something is wrong AJ can strip patches out the release then retest.